Homework is a key part of making learners more proactive and self-sufficient in assessing and controlling their own learning. It is intended to increase learners’ autonomy and organisational skills.
Parents and carers can play a key part in homework.
Tips for Parents
- Keep a designated homework area at home.
- Help keep a routine for your child when they come to do homework.
- Praise and encourage your child to help boost their confidence.
- Refrain from completing your child’s homework for them.
- Use the after-school homework club
- Don't get stressed out by homework - if you are, your child will be too.
- If you have any worries at all, please contact us.
Our AQA GCSE English Literature Requirements guide is also available for download below.
See our 'Useful Links' area, which is for learners to use if they need help with Maths, English and Science homework.
Skills Booster Sessions
Skills Booster sessions will be running - for learners in Year 10 and 11. Initially aimed at Year 11 learners approaching their GCSE, Skills Booster sessions will be run:
Mondays 2.45pm - 3.45pm for English
Wednesdays 2.15pm - 3.15pm (alternate Wednesdays)
Thursdays 2.45pm - 3.45pm for Maths